Purposes of Collection
The personal data collected in this application form may be used by Cathay Pacific Services Limited (“Company”, “we” or “us”) for the following purposes:
- To assess your suitability to assume the job duties of the position for which you apply or to be deployed;
- To determine the remuneration and benefit package for you;
- To prepare for your onboarding, such as reference checks, employment visa application, and employment contract preparation; and
- To conduct other employment related operations.
Personal data requested in the application form is mandatory, unless specified otherwise. Failure to provide the mandatory personal data may render us unable to process your application.
Transfer of Personal Data
The Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cathay Pacific Airways Limited.
We may transfer your personal data to the following parties (both in Hong Kong and abroad) for the aforementioned purposes:
- Our third-party service providers, including providers of background check services, medical services, banking services, insurance and retirement schemes; and
- Cathay Pacific Airways Limited and its wholly owned subsidiaries and related companies.
We may also transfer your personal data to government departments, law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies when it is required by the laws, or when it is necessary to fulfil the aforementioned purposes.
We may retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for future recruitment purposes for two years.
Data Access and Data Correction Requests
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data related to your application. If you wish to exercise these rights, please complete a data access request form and send it to our Head of People at the address below. You may use our data access request form, or the one specified by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data.
We may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request in accordance with the Ordinance. In determining a reasonable charge for handling such requests, the cost of actual time spent by administrator(s) / manager(s) who are involved in processing a particular data access request is the basic element of the fee charged. In addition, cost of copying per sheet of paper will also be charged.